Whenever you face a printer in error state problem with your Epson printer, you should perform a restart and fix hardware issues as follows:
1. Clear the print queue and ongoing print tasks and restart your Epson printer.
2. Confirm the power cord of your printer is connected properly to the source.
3. Check the printer and computer connection. Verify that the USB cable connecting your printer is working fine. If it is a wireless printer, check the wireless network connection.
4. Try printing a blank page to find out any issue with the printer.
5. Install latest printer driver updates to fix Epson printer is an error state problem.
6. Scan your PC for malware or virus infections.
7. If you’ve recently installed the Windows update, then you need to install the correct printer drivers compatible with the new version of your Windows.
8. You can also troubleshoot your printer in an error state by pressing the Reset button on your printer machine.